Friday, November 18, 2011

John Mackey: To Increase Jobs, Increase Economic Freedom - WSJ.com

John Mackey: To Increase Jobs, Increase Economic Freedom - WSJ.com:

'via Blog this'

Economic freedom does in fact make the whole pie larger but no matter how large it gets, those who are lazy and have a government handout never get tired of asking for a bigger share. I am not saying there should not be mechanisms to assist those in true need but therein lies the rub. When the government agencies are run by the same quality of people who "want" to help everyone who claims to be needy, well the definition of "true" need gets blurred. It is at the point now where the entire welfare system is a mess and a gross waste and non-productive use of taxpayer funds. And these funds are not "entitlements." If I worked my whole life contributing to Social Security then my share of those funds becomes an entitlement I have against the government, not against my fellow tax payer. The government made a pledge to have the funds there for my retirement years, sort of like a forced savings account.

No comments: